The Royal Courts of Justice is opening its doors to the public for Open House London (external link, opens in a new tab) on Saturday 21 September 2019.
Visitors will have the opportunity to take in the impressive architecture of the RCJ and learn about the array of important historic events that have taken place within its walls. There will be a host of exhibitions, workshops and talks intended to reveal the inner workings of the Royal Courts.
A snapshot of activities available on the day can be found below:
- Kids’ corner – colouring, puzzles and a treasure hunt for future legal eagles
- Tour the cells and prison vans
- Legal Costume Exhibition
- What happens in a courtroom? (Talk)
- Open Court: Q&A with court staff (Talk)
- Courtroom workshops
- Robing demonstrations with audience participation
- Role of the High Court Tipstaff (Talk)
Open House London is the world’s largest architecture festival, giving free public access to 800+ buildings, walks, talks and tours over one weekend in September each year.
The Royal Courts of Justice is located on the Strand, WC2A 2LL