Claim No: CO/4997/2019
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
27 January 2020
In the matter of an application for Judicial Review
Mr Justice Murray
The Queen on the application of
(1) AA (a child, by her mother and litigation friend, BB)
(2) CC (a child, by his mother and litigation friend, DD)
(1) The Secretary of State for Education
(2) Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice
(1) The Governing Body of H School
(2) The Governing Body of L School
On the Claimants’ application for an anonymity order and the Defendants’ application for an extension of time to file the Acknowledgement of Service and Summary Grounds of Resistance
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the parties
Order by the Honourable Mr Justice Murray
1. For the purposes of these proceedings:
(i) The First Claimant shall be referred to as AA;
(ii) The First Claimant’s mother and litigation friend shall be referred to as BB;
(iii) The Second Claimant shall be referred to as CC;
(iv) The Second Claimant’s mother and litigation friend shall be referred to as DD;
(v) The First Interested Party shall be referred to as the Governing Body of H School; and
(vi) The Second Interested Party shall be referred to as the Governing Body of L School.
2. No person shall disclose or publish any document relating to these proceedings in such a manner as to identify either direct or indirectly the Claimants, the Claimants’ mothers and litigation friends, or either of the Interested Parties.
3. The Defendants and any Interested Party who wishes to take part in the judicial review shall file Acknowledgement of Service and accompanying Summary Grounds of Resistance by 4:30pm on
4 February 2020.
4. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales in accordance with CPR 39.2(5). For reasons of confidentiality, I direct that the published version of the Order shall omit the reasons set out in the original order.
Signed: Mr Justice Murray
Date: 27 January 2020