Claim No: F03CL840
In the County Court at Central London
20 December 2019
District Judge Mauger
GMI, GMD, GME and GMN
London Borough of Newham
Before District Judge Mauger sitting at the County Court at Central London, Central London, RCJ, Thomas More Building, Royal Courts Of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL.
UPON reading the Claimants’ application dated 28 November 2019 for an anonymity order (“the application”)
WHEREAS pursuant to CPR r. 39.2(4), the Court is satisfied that an order in the terms below is necessary to protect the interests of the Claimants until the application can be heard on notice, and there is no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure in the interim
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED PURSUANT TO CPR RULE 39.2 THAT:
(1) That the identity of the Claimants be not disclosed until the application has been determined.
(2) Until determination of the application there be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimants by name and whether orally or in writing, references to GMI, GMD, GME and GMN in relation to the 1st to 4th Claimants respectively.
(3) That the Claimants shall be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings prior to the determination of the application and in any in any report of the proceedings by the press prior to the determination of the application as GME, GMD, GME and GMN respectively.
(4) Until determination of the application, in so far as the Claim Form, or any judgment or order, or any other document to which any one might have access pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4 at any time does not comply with the above, the Claimant’s solicitors have leave to file with the court copies of such document adjusted so as to comply therein. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant original; and the originals are then to be retained by the court in a sealed envelope marked: “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge”.
(5) A non-party may not, without the permission of a Judge, inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimants. Any application for such permission (i.e. to inspect or obtain a non-anonymised version) must be made on notice to the Claimants and in accordance with CPR r.5.4C (6) and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
(6) That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
(7) The application shall be listed before a Circuit Judge on notice to the defendant on the next available date after 14 days, time estimate 2 hours.
Dated 29 November 2019