Pursuant to paragraph 13 of Practice Direction: Committal for Contempt of Court – Open Court
Case No: C00BM271
Birmingham City Council
In relation to the above numbered case on 17th February 2017, His Honour Judge Worster sitting in the County Court at Birmingham as a Circuit Judge of the County Court, sentenced the Defendant in that case, to a custodial sentence of 28 days for contempt of court on breach of an Injunction Order dated 15 February 2017.
The above sentence is suspended on terms that the Defendant shall not:
Use or threaten to use violence, harass or intimidate any person; or
- Be in possession of any controlled drug as defined in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 unless he has a prescription for that drug
- The basis of the sentence imposed is that Isaac Duffas
Was in breach of the above dated Injunction, by
- On 29th December 2016 you used and/or threatened to use violence, harassed and/or intimated Divinia Hare-Turner in breach of Paragraph 1 of the Interim Injunction.
- On 29th December 2016 whilst being arrested for the assault of Divinia Hare-Turner you were verbally aggressive, in breach of Paragraph 1 of the Interim Injunction.
- On 29th December 2016 you were in possession of herbal cannabis. When searched by Police, herbal cannabis was found in a container in your trouser pocket, and in a cling-film wrap in your sock. This is in breach of paragraph 6 of the Interim Injunction
These breaches were contrary to the terms of the Injunction Order dated 15 February 2017 to which Isaac Duffas was subject.