The County Court sitting at Liverpool
- On the 22nd of February 2016 this court committed the following named person to prison Simon McGinley
- In relation to an order dated 6th January 2016
- which provided that the Respondent/ Defendant should not [set out relevant paras of the order]
- Communicating with, via electronic means, Douglas Joyce (prohibition 1a)
- Threatening violence against Douglas Joyce (prohibition 3)
- Engaging in abusive or threatening conduct (prohibition 4)
- the court found that [following admissions made] he had disobeyed/breached that order by
- Between 30th January 2016 – 2nd February 2016 communicating with, via electronic means, Douglas Joyce.
- Between 30th January 2016 – 2nd February 2016 threatening violence against Douglas Joyce.
- Between 30th January 2016 – 2nd February 2016 engaging in abusive or threatening conduct.
- and imposed the following sentence(s) for those breach(es)
|i) communicating with, via electronic means, Douglas Joyce.||i) 38 days|
|ii) threatening violence against Douglas Joyce.||ii) 38 days – concurrent|
|iii) engaging in abusive or threatening conduct.||iii) 38 days – concurrent|
- Accordingly it was ordered that(2) Simon McGinley be committed for contempt to Her Majesty’s Prison at(3) HMP Liverpool for a (total) period of 38 days or until lawfully discharged if sooner, [and that a warrant of arrest and committal be issued forthwith].
HHJ Wood QC
Dated 22nd February 2016