In The County Court at Stockport
Claim No. B00SK228
Wednesday, 28th October 2015
District Judge Dignan
Equity Housing Group – Claimant
Keith Wade – Defendant
Judgment approved by the court
District Judge Dignan:
- MrWade, you have been arrested and brought before me because it is said that on 26th October and 27th October, you breached an injunction made by this court on 30th March 2015.
- The injunction provided that you were not to attend at Park Lodge, 30 Peel Moat Road in Stockport. That is the address of your mother. That is one of 14 properties there and there are other elderly residents. it is to your credit that, as normal, at the first opportunity you have admitted that you have breached the injunction, so you have admitted two breaches of the injunction.
- The injunction was secured because there has been a previous history of nuisance and disturbance at that property between April 2014 and February 2015 and 38 police call-outs involving you and since this injunction was made on 30th March 2015, there have been a number of breaches. This is the sixth breach. You have previously served four terms of imprisonment. The last term of imprisonment was imposed by District Judge Horan on 31st July for 24 weeks. Immediately upon your release from that term of imprisonment, you have returned to your mother’s property.
- I understand what you are saying that you have nowhere to live and you have a property of your own that you cannot gain access to. However, the point is this: there is an injunction in place telling you not to do so. You keep breaching the injunction. What you have to understand is that you are placing your mother’s occupation of that property in jeopardy because if you keep returning there, then Equity Housing Group will be left with no option
- The term of imprisonment, allowing for the fact you have admitted the breach, will be 36 weeks, so a term of imprisonment of 36 weeks. Thank you, Mr Wade.