Pursuant to paragraph 13 of Practice Direction: Committal for Contempt of Court – Open Court
In relation to Case Number B00WJ370
On 30 October 2015 in the County Court at Walsall I, His Honour Judge Gregory, sentenced Nicola Gill to a custodial term of 28 days suspended on condition that she abide by an undertaking previously given for contempt of court.
The basis of the sentence was:
- On 22 April 2015 Walsall County Court made an interim injunction against Nicola Gill restraining her from engaging in or permitting various forms of anti-social behaviour centred upon her home at 24 Little London House, West Bromwich Street, Caldmore, Walsall.
- On the return date of that Order, that is 26 May 2015, the Court accepted an undertaking from Nicola Gill in like terms to the interim order. At paragraph 6 of the undertaking Nicola Gill undertook not to permit James Gill to return to Little London House after he had vacated that property on 26 August 2015.
- The consequences of breach were clearly explained to her.
- Between James Gill leaving Little London House on 26 August 2015 and 30 September 2015 Nicola Gill repeatedly breached her undertaking by encouraging and permitting him to return thereto on at least 20 occasions.
- At the hearing on 30 October 2015 Nicola Gill admitted breaching her undertaking on the above basis.