- Following the making and coming into effect of
- The Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016
- The Insolvency (Amendment) Rules 2016
- The Insolvency (Amendment)(No.2) Rules 2016
- The Insolvency (England and Wales) Amendment Rules 2017
- The Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 (Consequential Amendments) (Savings) Rules 2017
(together, “the new rules”)
significant amendments are required to the Insolvency Proceedings Practice Direction (“IPPD”).
- In the near future the IPPD will be revoked, and an interim Practice Direction will be made pending the making of a substantially revised IPPD in due course.
- Pending the revocation of the IPPD
- The new rules are to be given effect;
- The IPPD is to be treated as not in effect where it contradicts the new rules, but the practices set out in the IPPD may continue to be followed as sound guidance to the extent possible.
Made with the authority of the Chancellor of the High Court
6 April 2017