Papers by the CJC
A CJC working party has looked at how access to justice can be improved for individuals, known as litigants-in-person, who either choose not to have or cannot afford legal representation. Its report sets out a range of short and longer term practical recommendations aimed at addressing the problems faced by unrepresented litigants to help them resolve their disputes.
- Summary of the 7th Annual CJC Forum Event for Access to Justice for Litigants in Person, held at Central Hall Westminster on 7 December 2018
- Implementation Report November 2013: Update 1 May 2014
- Report on Access to Justice for Litigants in Person – November 2011
- CJC News Release – 11 November 2011
- Summary of National Forum for Implementation of the Report on Access to Justice for Self- Represented Litigants held on 30 November 2012 in London
- A Guide to Bringing and Defending a Small Claim