Papers by the CJC
A CJC working party has looked at how access to justice can be improved for individuals, known as litigants in person, who either choose not to have or cannot afford legal representation. Its report sets out a range of short and longer term practical recommendations aimed at addressing the problems faced by unrepresented litigants to help them resolve their disputes.
- Summary of the 7th Annual CJC Forum Event for Access to Justice for Litigants in Person, held at Central Hall Westminster on 7 December 2018 (PDF, opens in a new tab)
- Implementation Report November 2013: Update 1 May 2014 (PDF, opens in a new tab)
- Report on Access to Justice for Litigants in Person (PDF, opens in a new tab) – November 2011
- CJC News Release – 11 November 2011 (Word document, downloads in a new tab)
- Summary of National Forum for Implementation of the Report on Access to Justice for Self- Represented Litigants held on 30 November 2012 in London (Word document, downloads in a new tab)
- A Guide to Bringing and Defending a Small Claim (PDF, opens in a new tab)