The Civil Justice Council’s (CJC) 9th National Forum on Access to Justice for those without means took place online, with almost 300 delegates attending.
It was an opportunity to come together as a sector for a discussion and exchange of information combining the expertise and experience of the voluntary agencies, the pro bono agencies, court users, the judiciary, business, the Government, the profession, court staff and HMCTS, the funding community, academic institutions, other charities, and the general public.
The aims of the Forum were to:
- To identify access to justice needs and solutions in light of the pandemic
- To look collectively, critically and purposefully at the implications of technology for access to justice for those without means
- To inform and help take forward work of the Civil Justice Council relevant to access to justice for those without means
- To engage and make connections with others addressing access to justice for those without means, in order to use these channels better
- To update each other on new learning and ideas; to enable challenge and sharing.
The main sessions of the Forum were recorded and can be watched on YouTube through the links below: