The Crown Court Information tool is a dashboard which provides an overview of key statistics for Crown Courts in England and Wales.
- Workload of case received by individual courts
- Number of cases disposed by offence group
- Average duration and number of hearings for cases disposed of by offence group
- Average waiting time of cases disposed of
- Number of disposed cases where a guilty plea was entered
- Number of ineffective and cracked trials by reason
- Number of outstanding cases
The interactive data tool enables users to interrogate, compare and map data at a granular level.
The data is owned by the Ministry of Justice and is updated quarterly alongside the release of the Nationals Statistics series ‘Criminal Court Statistics Quarterly’.
The tool is available at the following link: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/moj.analysis