The Family Justice Council held a virtual discussion forum on Monday, 14 December 2020, looking at the report (external link) and recommendations of the expert panel on Assessing the Risk of Harm to Children and Parents in Private Law Children Cases.
The event was chaired by Mr Justice Williams and included an introduction from the President of the Family Division and Chair of the Council, Sir Andrew McFarlane. Speakers comprised:
- Mr Justice Cobb – High Court Judge
- Neal Barcoe – Ministry of Justice
- Eleri Butler – CEO, Family Safety Victoria and former CEO, Welsh Women’s Aid
- Lorraine Cavanagh QC – Barrister
- Professor Rosemary Hunter – University of Kent