Case Number: CR-2022-MAN-000812
In the High Court of Justice
Business and Property Courts in Manchester
Insolvency and Companies List (Chd)
And in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986
30 September 2022
His Honour Judge Hodge KC
sitting as a judge of the High Court
UPON the Applicant’s application dated 16 September 2022 for an injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition pursuant to IR 2016 r.7.24 (“Application”)
AND UPON hearing Tom Longstaff of Counsel for the Applicant and Owusu Abebrese of Counsel for the Respondent
AND UPON the Court being satisfied pursuant to CPR 39.2(3) that it is necessary to sit in private to secure the proper administration of justice and that publicity would defeat the object of the hearing
AND UPON the Court being satisfied pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) that the non-disclosure of the identity of the parties is necessary to secure the proper administration of justice and in order to protect the interests of the parties
IT IS ORDERED that:
- The hearing of 30 September 2022 of the Application and any return hearing of the Application shall be in private, subject to any further order made by the judge at the return hearing or in advance thereof.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(5) this order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales.
- The Court file shall be sealed against any non-party save with the permission of the Court, which shall be applied for on 3 days’ written notice to the Applicant, subject to the power of the court pursuant to CPR r.5.4C to order on the application of a party or of any person identified in a statement of case that persons or classes of persons may only obtain a copy of a statement of case if it is edited in accordance with the directions of the court.
- The Applicant (or its solicitors) shall serve a sealed copy of this Order on the Respondent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order varied or set aside.