Claim No: QB-2021-001874
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
(2) AB (a Minor By Her Litigation Friend AA)
Crawley Green Infant School
AND UPON consideration of the Claimants’ Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimants is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Second Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimants be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimants be described in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in
the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
“AA” and “AB”.
3. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document
disclosing the Claimants’ name or address already filed in the proceedings be
replaced by a document describing such name anonymised form as above, with the
4. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimants is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be
opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s
5. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or
from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must
be made on notice to the Claimants, and the Court will effect service. The file is to
be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
6. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that
may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimants. The publication of the
name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimants’ immediate
family is prohibited.
7. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside
8. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.