Claim No: QB-2021-003063
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
The Home Office
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 08 September 2021.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to
be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing
the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a
document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be
opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the
Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from
the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name
and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate is
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the
anonymised party in relation to the payment of money into the
Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the
investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the
anonymised party and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party
or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.