AAA -v- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust (anonymity order)
Queen's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
CLAIM NO: QB- 2022-001246
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
AAA, (A Child Proceeding by BBB Litigation Friend )
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article
10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant and his Litigation Friend is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C, 5.4D 39.2(4) of the
Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:
1. That the identity of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the litigation friend be described in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “AAA ” and “
3. That the address of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be stated in all statements of case
and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address or the name or address of the litigation friend already filed in the
proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised
form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or of
the litigation friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be
opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file
(other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or
District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant,
and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the
subsequent identification of the Claimant or litigation friend. The publication of the name and
address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name
and address of the litigation friend is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
a. to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or future deputy in relation to the payment of money into the Court
Funds Office for
the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of
b. to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or future deputy and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
c. to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend
or future deputy or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. The Claimant shall, upon its receipt, serve a copy of this sealed Order upon the Defendant.
10. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23. 10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order
set aside or varied.
Dated 22nd June 2022