Claim N0. E91YX107
In the County Court at Liverpool
19 August 2020
AAB (a minor through her Mother and lit friend BCC)
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Before Her Honour Judge Sykes sitting at the County Court at Liverpool, Liverpool, Civil And Family Courts, 35 Vernon Street, Liverpool, L2 2BX.
UPON HEARING on behalf of the Claimant and on behalf of the Defendant.
AND WHEREAS the Claimant is a child and brings the claim by her Mother and Litigation Friend, BCC.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and D Of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:-
1. Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2 (4) there shall be no publication in any newspaper or other media or other disclosure of any name, address, image or other information tending to identify the Claimant or her Litigation Friend in relation to their involvement in these proceedings.
2. In any publication or broadcast relating to these proceedings the following parties shall be known by the letters set out below:
i. The Claimant as ABB
ii . The Claimants Litigation Friend as BCC
3. Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C a person who is not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of the Statement of Case, Judgment or Order from the Court records only if a Statement of Case, Judgment or Order has been anonymized such that :
i. the Claimant and the Claimants Litigation Friend are referred to in these documents as ABB and BCC.
ii. The address of the Claimant and the Claimants Litigation Friend has been deleted from those documents For the purposes of this claim including any Statement of Case, Judgment, Order or other document the following parties shall be known by the letters set out below:
i. The Claimant as ”ABB”;
ii. The Claimant’s Litigation Friend as “BCC”.
4. Provided that the parties and /or their advisers do not publish any documents containing references to the Claimant or her Litigation Friend by name the parties and/or their advisers be at liberty to retain their files in this case without alteration or substitution and to retain and generate internal documentation which identifies the Claimant and her Litigation Friend for the purposes of their continuing rights and obligations under the main settlement of liability order in this claim and paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 above shall not apply in those respects.
5. In so far as any Statement of Case, Judgment, Order or other documents to which anyone might have access pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4 A-D at any time does not comply with paragraph 1 above, the Claimant’s Solicitors have permission to file with the Court copies of any such document adjusted so that it does comply. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant original; and the originals are then to be retained by the Court in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of the Judge”.
6. Any interested party, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge this Order providing that any such Application is made on notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor and that 7 working days’ prior notice of the intention to make such an Application is given .