Claim No: F94YX920
IN THE COUNTY COURT SITTING AT CENTRAL LONDON
Friday the 30 October 2020
ADDISON LEE LIMITED
BEFORE Recorder Dagnall by telephone by BTMeetMe at 10am on 30th October 2020
UPON considering the Claimant’s application dated 27th July 2020 and the evidence in support
AND HAVING HEARD FROM Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression and the Article 6 right to a fair trial
AND UPON Court considering THAT:
- Publicity revealing the identity of the Claimant could unfairly damage the interest of the Claimant or their family and give rise to serious harm to the Claimant or their family.
- Non-disclosure of the identity of and anonymity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant and to secure the proper administration of justice.
- The Claimant’s identity ought to be withheld from the public and should not be published, and that the Court should allow these prohibitions and give consequential directions, and that such prohibitions are necessary to secure the proper administration of justice
AND pursuant to the section 11 Contempt of Court Act 1981, Civil Procedure Rules 1998 rules 39.2 and the inherent jurisdiction of the Court.
IT IS ORDERED THAT
- The identity of the Claimant must not be disclosed save as the Court may authorise and that the Claimant shall be described in all documents related to this claim as ‘AB’.
- In accordance with CPR 39.2(5)
- a copy of this order, suitably anonymised, shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales;
- Any person who is not a party of the proceedings may apply to set aside or vary this Order.
- The costs of the Claimant’s application be costs in the case.