AB -v- BSES Ltd and others (anonymity order)
Claim No: QB-2018-006061
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
6 July 2021
AB (by his litigation friend the Official Solicitor)
1. BSES Limited
2. STS Storage Systems Limited
3. M & L Installers Limited
4. High Level Mezzanines
UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression;
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant;
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules;
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. Pursuant to rule 39.2(4), the identity of the Claimant shall not be disclosed. The Claimant shall be referred to in any order in the proceedings and in any report of these proceedings by the press or otherwise by the initials ‘AB’.
2. In so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address or his address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
3. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
4. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Private”.
5. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant is prohibited.
6. A non-party may apply on notice to all parties to set aside or vary this order.
7. The Claimant shall serve this Order on the Defendants by 4 pm on 22nd July 2021.