Claim No: CO/3238/2021
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Right Honourable Lord Justice Stuart Smith
The Honourable Mr Justice Sweeney
CHIEF CONSTABLE OF SUFFOLK
BEFORE the Right Honourable Lord Justice Stuart Smith and the Honourable Mr Justice Sweeney on 26th May 2022
(i) Hearing from Roger Wilson, solicitor advocate, for the Appellant and Rachel Spearing of counsel for the Respondent;
(ii) The magistrates’ court having made an order prohibiting the publication of the Appellant’s name in connection with the proceedings pursuant to Contempt of Court Act 1981 s11
(iii) The Respondent applying that the identity of the Claimant not be disclosed pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) and Human Rights Act 1998 section 6 and articles 2 and 8
(iv) The Respondent applying that the identities of the victim and the victim’s family not be disclosed pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) and Human Rights Act 1998 section 7 and article 8
(v) The court stating that it would make an interim order prohibiting the publication of the names of the Appellant, the victim and immediate members of the victim’s family and would revisit the making of a final order during the final hearing of the case stated appeal
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The identity of the Appellant not be disclosed.
2. There be substituted for all purposes in this action in place of reference to the Appellant by name, and whether orally in writing, reference to the character AB.
3. The identities of the victim or victim’s family not be disclosed or reported.
4. Reporting restrictions apply as to the publication of any information that may lead to the identification of the Appellant, the victim or the victim’s family. The publication of the name or address of the Appellant, or any member of the victim’s immediate family is prohibited.
5. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England & Wales pursuant to CPR Part 39.2 and the Practice Guidance: “Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders”.
6. This order shall last until midnight after the final hearing of the case stated appeal or further order of this Court.
Dated 26 May 2022