Case Number. QB-2021-001074
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS LIST
21 April 2021
Mr Justice Johnson
THE LABOUR PARTY
UPON AN APPLICATION made by the Intended Claimants pursuant to an Application Notice filed on 24 March 2021 without notice to the Intended Defendant
AND UPON HEARING Jonathan Turner of Counsel for the Intended Claimants in a hearing conducted in public by Microsoft Teams
AND UPON READING the documents on the Court File
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Intended Claimants (at least until after service of the claim form) is necessary to secure the proper administration of justice and in order to protect their interests
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The Intended Claimants have permission to issue the Claim Form and to file Statements of Case which do not contain their names and addresses, and instead contain the ciphers allocated by the order of Nicklin J dated 25 March 2021, save that their names and addresses should be set out in a Confidential Schedule to the Particulars of Claim.
2. Any request by a non-party to obtain from the Court records any of the Confidential Schedules to the Particulars of Claim or any other document identifying the Intended Claimants must be made by Application Notice under CPR 23 on notice to the Intended Claimants.
3. The Defendant and any party affected by this Order has liberty to apply to the Court at any time on notice to the Intended Claimants to vary or discharge it.
4. Subject to the foregoing paragraph, this Order shall apply until, and shall be reconsidered at, the first substantive hearing of any application or Case Management Conference in the intended Claim.
5. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales at www.judiciary.uk in accordance with CPR 39.2(5).
6. Costs of this application are reserved.
Dated this 21st day of April 2021