Claim Number: QB-2021-004020
In The High Court Of Justice
Kings Bench Division
16 February 2023
UPON the Claimant’s Application
WHEREAS the Claimant has made a claim (the “Claim”) against the Defendant for personal injuries suffered by the Claimant and in respect of which proceedings were commenced by the Claimant against the Defendant in the High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division.
(1) Consideration of s12 of the Human Rights Act 1998
(2) the court being satisfied that an order for non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant and there is no countervailing public interest in disclosure.
(3) the Defendant indicating its neutrality to the making of the Order and there being no representations from the press or any other interested party.
IT IS ORDERED pursuant to the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression and/or pursuant to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure
Rules and the Contempt of Court Act 1981, section 11, Section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules:
- That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. There shall be no publication or other disclosure of any name, address or information identifying the Claimant.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings the name or address of the Claimant, or any details that could lead to the identification of the Claimant. The Claimant shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 3 of this Order and their address shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 4 of this Order.
- That there be substituted for all purposes in this action and in any report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto,
(a) in place of reference to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to “AHJ ”.
- That there be substituted for all purposes in this action in place of reference to the address of the Claimant, and whether orally or in writing, references to “c/o Emmott Snell Solicitors, 42 Harpur Street, Bedford, MK40 2QT“
- Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D:
(a) A person who is not a party to the proceedings may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document from the court file (other than this Order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Judge or Master of the Queen’s Bench Division.
(b) If a person who is not a party to the proceedings applies (pursuant to CPR r.5.4C(1B) or (2)) for permission to inspect or obtain a copy of any other document or communication, such application shall be on at least 7 days’ notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputy
- The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words “An anonymity order was made in this case on 16th February 2023 and any application by a non-party to inspect or obtain a copy document from this file must be dealt with in accordance with the terms of that Order.”
- Any interested party, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge this Order, providing that any such application is made on notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputy, and that 7 days’ prior notice of the intention to make such an application is given
- The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
- Pursuant to the ‘Practice Guidance: Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders’ issued by the Master of the Rolls dated 16 April 2019 a copy of this Order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court of Justice (www.judiciary.uk). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Costs in the case.
Dated: 16th February 2023