Allie Smith -v- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and others (anonymity order)
Queen's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
Claim No: QB-2022-001945
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Date: 26 July 2022
The Honourable Mrs Justice Foster DBE
(1) Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
(2) Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust
(3) London Borough of Camden
ORDER TO REDACT COUNSEL’S NAME FROM DOCUMENTATION
UPON a Hearing having been conducted on 12 July 2022 at which a GCRO was made against the Claimant
UPON Reading an application by letter by Counsel for the First Defendant dated 22 July 2022 and accompanying correspondence
AND it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of Counsel for the First Defendant is necessary to secure the proper administration of justice and in order to protect the safety of a person connected to the case, namely Counsel for the First Defendant.
AND PURSUANT to section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998; section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981; and CPR rules 5.4C, 5.4D and 39
AND having considered section 12 of the Human Rights Act 1998
AND UNDER the inherent jurisdiction of the Court
WHEREAS for the purposes of this Order:
(1) ‘Publication’ includes any speech, writing, broadcast, or other communication in whatever form (including internet and social media), which is addressed to the public at large or any section of the public.
(2) Publication for the purpose of this Order includes any further publication (as defined in (1) above) from the date of this Order, even if such information has derived from a previous stage or stages of these proceedings.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The identity of Counsel for the First Defendant in these proceedings is confidential and shall not be published.
2. Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2 there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings or other publication the name or address of Counsel for the First Defendant nor any details (including other names, addresses, or a specific combination of facts) that could lead to the identification of them in these proceedings.
3. In any judgment or report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto Counsel for the First Defendant shall be referred to as AB.
4. Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D no person may obtain a copy of any correspondence, pleading, skeleton argument, statement of case, judgment, transcript or order from the Court or Court records unless it has been anonymised in accordance with paragraph 3 above.
5. The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words “An anonymity order was made in respect of Counsel for the First Defendant’s name in this case on 25 July 2022 and any application to inspect or obtain a copy document from this file must be dealt with in accordance with the terms of that Order.”
6. The papers supporting this application are to be placed on the Court file and marked “Confidential: not to be opened without the permission of a High Court Judge or Judge of the Court of Appeal”.
7. Any application in respect of this Order whether by a party or any other person is to be dealt with by Mrs Justice Foster DBE or if unavailable by another judge of the High Court.
8. Pursuant to the ‘Practice Guidance: Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders’ issued by the Master of the Rolls dated 16 April 2019 a copy of this Order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court of Justice (www.judiciary.uk). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial Office at