In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
3 October 2023
The Honourable Mr Justice Dove
Anna Castle and XYZ
On an application by the claimant for urgent consideration
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Dove
- The Second Claimant’s application and that of the witness XXX for an anonymity order in respect of themselves and the Second Claimant’s daughter is granted pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) and/or CPR 3.1(2). The Second Claimant in this action and XXX shall have anonymity until further order. No report or publication of these proceedings shall directly or indirectly identify the Second Claimant or her daughter or the witness XXX.
- Pursuant to CPR 5.4(c), a person not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of the statement of case, judgment or order of the court records, only if the statement of case, judgment or order from the court has been anonymised.
- In the case title, the Second Claimant’s name shall be replaced by the initials “XYZ” and the Second Claimant’s daughter by the initials “AB”. Failure to comply with this direction could lead to contempt of court proceedings.
- There is liberty to apply in relation to this order upon 5 days’ notice to the parties and the court.
- For the reasons specified in paragraphs 2 and 3 of the Statement of Facts and Grounds in this case, namely in order to protect the welfare of the minor children of the Second Claimant and the witness XXX. There will be the opportunity for the justification for this order to be reconsidered at the time when the question of permission is considered. I have also included a direction in relation to liberty to apply so that the possibility of an earlier reconsideration is provided for, upon notice to the parties.