CLAIM NO. G90BM161
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Birmingham District Registry
29 April 2021
Anonymous (Proceeding by his Litigation Friend)
(1) Abel Onufreiciuc
(2) Motor Insurers Bureau
BEFORE Her Honour Judge Kelly, sitting as a Deputy Judge of the High Court on 29th April 2021
UPON hearing counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant
AND UPON considering the Article 8 right of the Claimant to respect for privacy and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant and/or the Litigation Friend is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and Section II of the Contempt
of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- There shall be no publication of the Claimant’s name and address, the Litigation Friend’s name and address or any information which may tend to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There shall be substituted for all purposes of this case, in placed of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters PD. Likewise, the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as KD and the First Defendant as AO. The parties shall be described in all statements of case and documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as above.
- The address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the court file (other than this order, duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a District Judge.
- Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant and the court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the court and marked ‘anonymised’.
- Any non-party affected by this order may apply on notice to all parties to have this order set aside or varied.