Anonymous -v- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (anonymity order)
CLAIM NO: G00WW103
In Birmingham County Court
14 September 2021
Anonymous (A PROTECTED PARTY BY HER DAUGHTER AND LITIGATION FRIEND)
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Before Her Honour Judge Kelly sitting as Birmingham County Court on the 14th September 2021
UPON HEARING Abigail Stamp of Counsel, on behalf of the Claimant.
- Consideration of the Article 8 rights of the Claimant to respect for private and family life, and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
- It appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant and that there is no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure.
- The Defendant indicating its neutrality to the making of the order and there being no representations from the press or any other interested party.
AND PURSUANT to s11 Contempt of Court Act 1981, s.6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2
IT IS ORDERED that:
- There shall be no publication of the Claimant’s name and address, the Claimant’s Litigation Friend’s name and address, or any information which may tend to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters HAB. Likewise, the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as DIE.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain the copy of any document from the court file without the permission of the Court. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant.
- A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- For the avoidance of doubt any disclosure of this anonymity order shall also be in a redacted and anonymised form as described at paragraph 4 above.
- Permission to apply.