Claim No.: QB-2016-005391
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Dated 30 October 2020
Amended 6 November 2020
AXB (A Protected Party by their litigation friend NXM)
(1) Mr Elliot Antwi,
(2) Motor Insurers’ Bureau
UPON hearing Mr Satinder Hunjan QC for the Claimant and Mr Nicholas Grimshaw for the Second Defendant
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to the Civil Procedure Rules 5.4C, 5.4D and 39.2(4), and theContempt of Court Act 1981 Section II
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The identity of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be not disclosed;
2. The Claimant and his Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case, other documents filed or served, any judgment or Order in the proceedings, and in any report of the Proceedings by the press or otherwise, as “AXB” and “NXM” respectively.
3. The address of the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be stated in all statements of case and other documents as that of the Claimant’s solicitors, namely care of Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP, 125 Wood Street, London EC2V 7AW.
4. In so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address, or the name or address of his Litigation Friend already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant, or of his Litigation Friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than as duly anonymised as directed within this Order) without the permission of a Master or District Judge.
7. Any application for such permission as at Paragraph 6 must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service.
8. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
9. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant, or his Litigation Friend in connection with these proceedings.