Claim No: QB-2016-000824
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
28 July 2020
AXB (A child suing by way of her father and Litigation Friend XYZ
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
UPON the Claimant’s application dated 16 March 2020
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED that
1. That the identity of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the litigation friend be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “AXB” “XYZ” respectively.
3. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked
4. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or litigation friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name and address of the litigation friend is prohibited.
5. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
6. Claimant to serve sealed order.