Claim No. QB-2018-000654
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
8 October 2020
AXC ( By His Litigation Friend, DXF)
GXI, 2. Motor Insurer’s Bureau
UPON HEARING Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant, the First Defendant not appearing and not being represented
UPON the Court considering the Claimant’s application dated 5TH March 2020
AND UPON considering the bundle of privileged material provided only to the Court for the Approval hearing.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON it appearing pursuant to CPR r.39.2(4) the Court is satisfied that an order in the terms below is necessary to protect the interest of the Claimant and there is no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure.
AND PURSUANT to rules 39.2(4), 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.
IT IS ORDERED that:-
1. The identity of the Claimant and the Claimant’s litigation friend shall not be disclosed.
2. The Claimant and his Litigation Friend shall hereinafter be referred to in all statements of case and other documents filed or served in these proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as as “AXC” and “DXF” respectively and the First Defendant shall be referred to as “GXI”.
3. The Court file shall be marked ‘Anonymised’.
4. The original of any document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or of the Litigation Friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked ‘not to be opened without permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division.
5. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, at the Claimant’s solicitors address and the Court will effect service.
6. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that many lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or Litigation Friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name and address of the Litigation Friend is prohibited.
7. The Claimant shall by 4pm on 8th October 2020 draw and file this Order and serve the same on the Second Defendant.
8. There be liberty to any interested person to apply on seven days’ notice to the parties to set aside or vary any terms of this order.