Claim No: QB-2021-004590
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
AXW (a Child, By Her Father And Litigation Friend,
Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS
UPON an application by the Claimant
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life
and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary
in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section 11 of the Contempt
of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED that
1. That the identity of the Claimant, her Litigation Friend and her mother not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant, her Litigation Friend and her mother be described in all statements of
case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or
order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by press or otherwise as the
a. Claimant as “AXW”
b. Litigation Friend as “JXW”
c. Claimant’s Mother as “CXW”
3. That the address of the Claimant, her Litigation Friend and her mother be stated in all
statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the
address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That insofar as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address or the name or address of the Litigation Friend and the
Claimant’s mother, already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing
such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or
of the Litigation Friend or of the Claimant’s mother is to be placed on the Court file in a
sealed envelope marked ‘Not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or
District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division’.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court
file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master
or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the
Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the
subsequent identification of the Claimant, her Litigation Friend or her mother. The
publication of the name and address of the Claimant or any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family or the name and address of the Litigation Friend is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:
a. to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office
for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment
out of such money;
b. to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party
or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or
investment of such money; or
c. to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation
Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. Insofar as the Order is made under rule 23.9 without service of a copy of the application
notice on the Defendant That the Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the
10. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this
Order set aside or varied.