Claim No. QB-2019-003941
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
20 July 2021
His Honour Judge Simpkiss (sitting as a Judge of the High Court)
London Borough of Islington
BEFORE His Honour Judge Simpkiss (Sitting as a Judge of the High Court) sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice the Strand, London WC2 on 20 July 2021 at a hearing heard remotely.
UPON HEARING Jeremy Ford on behalf of the Claimant and Mr Harris on behalf of the Defendant.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 rights of the public and the press;
AND UPON non-disclosure of the Claimant’s identity, at that of his litigation friend, being necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to CPR r. 39.2(4) and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
AND UPON the Court noting the Defendant’s neutral stance in relation to the Claimant’s application
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The identity of the Claimant and his litigation friend shall not be disclosed and these proceedings shall be anonymised as follows:
– Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C, Rule 5.4D and Rule 39.2(4) there shall be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of reference to the Claimant and his litigation friend by name, whether orally or in writing, references to him will be AYZ and his litigation friend will be TYZ
– A non-party may not obtain a copy Statement of Case or documents from the Court file, without permission of the Court. Any application for such permission should be made on notice to the Claimant and in accordance with CPR 5.4C(6)
– A non-party may not obtain a copy of the Statement of Case or documents from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant or his immediate family
– There shall be no publication or disclosure of any name, address or information intending to identify the Claimant and his immediate family.
- Any party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
- A copy of this Order shall be published on the judicial website of the High Court of Justice specifying that the Claimant shall be referred to as AYZ and his litigation friend TYZ.