In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Before: The Honourable Mr Justice Swift
(1) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR FOREIGN, COMMONWEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT AFFAIRS
(2) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT
(3) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR DEFENCE
On the Claimant’s applications dated 22 March 2022 and 1 April 2022 for permission to rely on the witness statement of “Judge Y”, dated 22 December 2021, on the witness statement of “Judge X” dated 22 December 2021, and on the witness statement of “Judge W” dated 25 December 2021, respectively
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant and the Defendants
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Swift
- The applications are granted.
- Pursuant to CPR5.4C and 5.4D a person who is not a party to the proceedings may not obtain a copy of the Application Notices from the Court records, without permission of the court. Any application for such permission shall be made on 7 days’ notice to the parties to these proceedings.
- There shall be no publication of the name or address of either Judge X or Judge Y or Judge W or any particulars of the case likely to lead to the identification of either of them without the leave of the court. Any person has liberty on 7 days’ written notice to the parties to apply to vary or discharge this order
- The reasons why the makers of these statements need to be anonymised are explained in the Application Notices. I accept those reasons, and the application for anonymity is not opposed by the Defendants.
- In the event that any person wishes to apply to set aside or vary this order, they may do so on notice to the parties. At that stage, arrangements can be made for suitably redacted versions of the Application Notices to be prepare to permit the application to set aside or vary to be pursued.