In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
The Honourable Mr Justice Wall
In the matter of an application for judicial review
The Queen on the application of
(1) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR DEFENCE
(2) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT
NATIONAL CRIME AGENCY
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant and the Defendant
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Wall
1. Time for service of Grounds of Defence abridged – to be served by 4pm on 14 September 2022.
2. Papers then to placed before a Judge to decide on permission on 15 or 16 September 2022.
3. Anonymity orders to remain in place.
This case needs to be advanced with alacrity. That being said, I do not believe that this is best achieved by ordering a roll-up hearing. If permission is granted, further orders to expedite the hearing can then be made if necessary.
Form JR-MPA. Judicial Review. Miscellaneous Paper Application. Version September 2020
Signed: Mr Justice Wall
8 September 2022