Claim Number: KB-2023-003577
In The High Court Of Justice
King’s Bench Division
Media And Communications List
19 October 2023
The Honourable Mr Justice Nicklin
(using the names and telephone numbers listed in the Confidential Schedule B to the Order dated 20 September 2023 and who are responsible for communicating with the Claimant via those numbers)
Anonymity and Reporting Restriction Order
NOTICE: A BREACH OF PARAGRAPH 2 OF THIS ORDER MAY AMOUNT TO CONTEMPT OF COURT. IF FOUND GUILTY, A PERSON IN CONTEMPT OF COURT MAY BE PUNISHED BY IMPRISONMENT AND/OR A FINE
UPON APPLICATION by the Claimant by Application Notice dated 20 September 2023 seeking an interim injunction against the Defendants (“the Application”)
AND FURTHER to the Order of 20 September 2023 granting the Claimant an interim injunction until a return date on 19 October 2023 (“the Hearing”)
AND UPON the Court by separate Order having continued (in varied form) the interim injunction
IT IS ORDERED
Anonymity of the Claimant
- Pursuant to s.6 Human Rights Act 1998, and/or CPR 39.2 the Judge, being satisfied that it is strictly necessary, ordered that:
(a) the Claimant’s name is to be withheld from the public and must not to be disclosed in any proceedings in open court;
(b) there be substituted for all purposes in these proceedings in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters “BBG”; and
(c) the Claimant’s name on CE-File will remain anonymised in accordance with this paragraph.
- Pursuant to s.11 Contempt of Court Act 1981, there shall be no publication of the identity of the Claimant or of any matter likely to lead to the identification of the Claimant in any report of, or otherwise in connection with, these proceedings, provided that nothing in this Order shall prevent the publication, disclosure or communication of any information which is contained in this Order or in any public judgment of the Court.
Restrictions on access to documents on the court file
- Upon the Judge being satisfied that it is strictly necessary:
(a) Without further order of the Court, a non-party may not obtain access to or copies of any confidential schedules to any (i) statements of case; (ii) witness statements; (iii) applications; (iv) Orders; and/or skeleton arguments (“the Restricted Documents”) from the Court file.
(b) Any non-party wishing to obtain access to or copies of the Restricted Documents, must make an application to the Court, such application to be made by Application Notice served on the parties at least 24 hours before the Application is made.
Publication of the order
- Pursuant to CPR 39.2(5) a copy of this Order will be published on the Judiciary Website.
Service of this Order on the Defendant
- As soon as practicable and in any event by 4.30pm on 26 October 2023, the Claimant must serve on the Defendants a copy of this Order.
Applications to vary/discharge by a non-party
- Any Application by a non-party to vary or discharge Paragraphs 1 to 3 of this Order must be made by Application Notice, issued, filed and served on the Claimant at least 24 hours before the Application is made.
19 October 2023