Claim Number: QB-2020-003244
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
15 November 2022
Her Honour Judge Crane
BEXX (A Protected Party Who Proceeds by His Mother and Litigation Friend, GEXX)
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Order for Anonymity
UPON CONSIDERING THE CLAIMANT’S APPLICATION
BEFORE Her Honour Judge Crane sitting as a Judge of the High Court in the High Court of Justice, Kings Bench Division on 15th November 2022.
WHEREAS the Claimant is a protected party and brings this claim by his Litigation friend Arlene Kelly
AND pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), the Court being satisfied that this Order is necessary to protect the interests of the Claimant and his family and there is no countervailing public interest in disclosure:
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The name or address of the Claimant and the name or address of his mother or his Litigation Friend must not be disclosed directly or indirectly in any report of these proceedings.
- There shall be no publication of the Claimant’s name and address, the Litigation Friend’s name or address or any information which may tend to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There shall be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in wiring, references to the letters BEXX. Likewise, the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as GEXX.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain the copy of any document from the Court file without the permission of a District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant. The Court will serve.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C, a non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case of documents from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there have been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant or Litigation Friend.
- Nothing in paragraphs 1 to 5 above shall prohibit the Defendant from disclosing the Claimant’s name, address or any other information tending to identify her to their indemnifiers, their legal and professional advisers, including medico-legal and/or quantum experts or any other person required by law.
- Permission to apply.
- Costs in the case
Dated this 15th day of November 2022