Claim Number: J00MY336
In the County Court at
Mayors & City Of London Court
Deputy District Judge Brooks
(2) CXA (A CHILD BY HER LITIGATION FRIEND BXA)
(3) DXA (A CHILD BY HIS LITIGATION FRIEND BXA)
(4) EXA (A CHILD BY HER LITIGATION FRIEND BXA)
CHIEF CONSTABLE OF WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE
Before Deputy District Judge Brooks sitting at the County Court at Mayors & City Of London Court, The Guildhall
Building, Basinghall Street, London, EC2V 5AR.
UPON reading the Claimant’s application dated 14 June 2022
AND it appearing to the Court:
1. That the action is likely to attract publicity;
2. That anonymity of the Claimants is necessary to protect the interest of the Claimants;
3. That anonymity is necessary to secure proper administration of justice; and
4. That accordingly publication of details revealing the Claimants’ identity ought to be prohibited
AND pursuant to the Contempt of Court Act 1981, section 11, the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, Rules 5.4 and
39.2, and the inherent jurisdiction of the court
IT IS ORDERED THAT
1. There be substituted for all purposes in this action, in place of reference to the Claimants by name, and whether
orally or in writing, reference to the letters “BXA” for the First Claimant and litigation friend to the Second to
Fourth Claimants, “CXA” for the Second Claimant, “DXA” for the Third Claimant and “EXA” for the fourth
2. That, to the extent necessary to protect the Claimants’ identities, any other references, whether to persons or
to places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, with leave to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to
the manner of such adjustment.
3. That so far as the Claim Form, or any Judgment, Order or other document to which anyone might have access
pursuant to Rule 5.4 at any time does not comply with paragraphs (i) and (ii) above, the Claimants’ solicitors
have leave to file with the Court copies of such document adjusted so as to comply therewith. Such copies are
to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant originals; and the originals are then to be
retained by the Court in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the leave of a Judge of the Mayor’s
and City County Court.
4. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document from the court file without the permission of
a Judge of the Mayor’s and City County Court. Any application for permission must be made on notice to the
Claimants with the court effecting service. Such file is to be retained by the Court and marked “PRIVATE”.
5. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the court file unless it has
been anonymised in accordance with this direction.
6. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification
of the Claimants.
7. The Claimants have permission to issue the Claim Form showing the Claimant’s address as that of their
Solicitors. A copy of the Claim Form with the Claimant’s full name and address it to be placed on file in a sealed
envelope marked “not to be opened without the leave of a Judge of the Mayor’s and City County Court.
8. The Defendant may apply to set aside or vary this order.
9. Costs in the case.
Dated 15 August 2022