Case number: QB-2020-004209
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
30 November 2021
His Honour Judge Lewis
Sitting as a Judge of the High Court
On the 30 November 2021 this court committed JERRY ANDERSON to detention.
An injunction granted by Mr Justice Foxton on 8 December 2021 included the following terms:
“1. The defendants are required by 4pm on 14 December 2021 to remove from the land any static caravans, mobile home and touring caravans.
- The defendants be prohibited (whether by themselves, their servants or agents) from:
- Bringing a caravan, a mobile home, or any other structure intended for or capable of habitation onto the land.
- Erecting on the land any structure of building capable of or intended to be put to residential use.
- Carrying out any works including but not limited to the laying of hard standing on the land
- Allowing any persons to take up occupation of the land”
The court found on 12 November 2021 that Jerry Anderson had breached that order as follows:
- As at 3 June 2021, in continuing breach of paragraph 1 of the Injunction D6 had not removed from the land two touring caravans.
And imposed the following sentences for those breaches:
- Breach (a): 14 days
- Total: 14 days
And in addition, the court activated the suspended sentence imposed by Mr Metzer QC (sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge) on 12 February 2021 of five months.
Accordingly, it was ordered that Jerry Anderson be committed for contempt to Her Majesty’s YOI at Pentonville for a total period of five months and 14 days or until lawfully discharged if sooner, and that a warrant of committal be issued forthwith.