Case number: QB-2020-004209
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
30 November 2021
His Honour Judge Lewis
Sitting as a Judge of the High Court
On the 30 November 2021 this court committed LEAH ELLA MAY FOLEY to prison.
An injunction granted by Mr Justice Foxton on 8 December 2021 included the following terms:
“1. The defendants are required by 4pm on 14 December 2021 to remove from the land any static caravans, mobile home and touring caravans.
- The defendants be prohibited (whether by themselves, their servants or agents) from:
- Bringing a caravan, a mobile home, or any other structure intended for or capable of habitation onto the land.
- Erecting on the land any structure of building capable of or intended to be put to residential use.
- Carrying out any works including but not limited to the laying of hard standing on the land
- Allowing any persons to take up occupation of the land”
The court found on 12 November 2021 that Leah Ella May Foley had breached that order as follows:
- Between 23 March 2021 and 19 April 2021 in breach of paragraph 2(a) of the Injunction, D7 caused or allowed a touring caravan to be stationed on Plot 6;
- Between 23 March 2021 and 19 April 2021 in breach of paragraph 2(c) of the Injunction, D7 caused or allowed groundworks to be undertaken to Plot 6 creating an area of hardstanding.
And imposed the following sentences for those breaches:
- Breach (a): 1 month
- Breach (b): 2 months, consecutive
- Total: 3 months
Accordingly, it was ordered that Leah Ella May Foley be committed for contempt to Her Majesty’s Prison at Bronzefield for a total period of three months or until lawfully discharged if sooner, and that a warrant of committal be issued forthwith.