Claim Number: J00GG299
In the County Court at
3 July 2023
District Judge Staves
Creditor(s) Ongo Homes Limited
Debtor Eliza Bates Aka Elisha Bates
Committal for Contempt of Court
On 20 June 2023, District Judge Staves sitting at the County Court at Great Grimsby, Town Hall Square, Great Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HX,
BEFORE District Judge Staves sitting in the County Court at Great Grimsby on the 20th day of June 2023
UPON hearing Mr Machin, Counsel for the Claimant, and Ms Lee, Counsel for the Defendant, and the Second Defendants not attending AND UPON the Court noting that the injunction and attached power of arrest expire at 4pm on 12th January 2024
AND UPON the Court having found previously that the Defendant was in breach of the injunction order dated 30th August 2022 in that she had:
- trespassed and occupied land owned by the Claimant without its express permission; and
- failed to leave the land within 24 hours of being given notice by the Claimant to do so.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The Defendant is hereby sentenced to an immediate custodial sentence of 4 weeks in respect of each of the breaches set out above, to be served concurrently.
- The above sentence is suspended, with the period of suspension expiring at 4pm on 12th January 2024.
- The Defendant shall pay the Claimant’s costs on the indemnity basis, summarily assessed in the sum of £4,745.50, to be paid by 4pm on 4th July 2023.