Case number: BV18D17943
In the Family Court at Bromley
20 April 2023
Her Honour Judge Lazurus
Anand Nilkanth Vispute
Ketki Anand Vispute
Part 37 of the Family Procedure Rules 2010
After hearing counsel for the claimant and counsel for the defendant After consideration of the documents lodged by the parties
SUSPENDED ORDER FOR COMMITTAL MADE BY HER HONOUR JUDGE LAZARUS ON 20th APRIL 2023 SITTING IN OPEN COURT
- The claimant is Mr Anand Vispute
The defendant is Mrs Ketki Anand Vispute
2. This is a suspended order for committal to prison.
3. The court read the evidence filed by the parties and heard submissions on behalf of the parties.
4. The court was satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant Mrs Ketki Anand Vispute has been guilty of contempt of court in the manner set out in the court’s judgment, namely interference with the due administration of justice by forging her bank statements for disclosure in financial remedy proceedings.
5. But the court in the exercise of its discretion decided that the order for committal should be suspended on the condition specified below.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
6. Subject to the following paragraph, the defendant Ketki Anand Vispute shall be committed to H.M. Prison for a period of four months from the date of her arrest.
7. This order will not be put into force if the defendant does not commit any further offences concerning proceedings between the claimant and the defendant within a period of two years from the date of this order.
8. Any application by the claimant for activation of paragraph 6 above, alleging non-compliance with paragraph 7 above, must be made on notice to the defendant.
9. The defendant shall pay the claimant’s costs of this application summarily assessed in the sum of £11,000 inclusive of VAT by 19th July 2023.
10. The defendant may apply under rule 37.10 of the Family Procedure Rules 2010 to discharge this order.
11. The defendant has the right to appeal without permission. The court before which any appeal must be brought is the High Court. Any notice of appeal must be filed at the appeal court by 4.00pm on 11th May 2023.
12. A transcript of the judgment given at this hearing shall be published on the website of the judiciary of England and Wales.