Case No: CO/3458/2022
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
11 October 2022
The Honourable Mrs Justice Lang DBE
The King on the application of
Secretary of State for Defence
Secretary of State for the Home Department
On the Claimants’ applications for anonymity orders and for orders for expedition;
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimants
Order by the Honourable Mrs Justice Lang DBE
- Pursuant to CPR r.39.2, in any report of these proceedings, there shall be no publication of the names and addresses of the Claimants, nor any other particulars likely to lead to their identification. In the proceedings, the Claimants shall be anonymised and referred to by the initials set out above in the title to the claim.
- Within 10 days of the date of this order, the Claimants’ solicitors do file with the Court, and serve on the Defendants, copies of case documents which have been anonymised and/or redacted to protect the identity of the Claimants.
- Non-parties may not obtain any documents from the court file which have not been anonymised and/or redacted to protect the identity of the Claimants, in accordance with paragraph 1 above.
- The claim is certified as fit for expedition.
- The application for permission to apply for judicial review is to be considered by a Judge on the papers, no later than 7 working days after the Defendants file their Acknowledgment of Service.
- Costs in the case.
The Claimants are clearly at risk of harm. In the circumstances, expedited consideration of their claim is required, and the anonymity orders are a justifiable departure from the general principle of open justice is justified.