Case Number: K00LA413
In The County Court At Leeds
27 June 2023
Deputy District Judge Richmond
(A Child By Her Litigation Friend, The Official Solicitor)
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Before Deputy District Judge Richmond sitting in chambers at the Leeds Combined Court Centre on the 27th day of June 2023.
IT IS ORDERED that:-
- The identity of the Claimant as a party to these proceedings is confidential and shall not be published.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings or other publication the name or address of the Claimant, or other immediate family members, or any details (including other names, addresses, or a specific combination of facts) that could lead to the identification of the Claimant in these proceedings. The Claimant shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 3 of this Order.
- In any judgment or report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto:
a. Claimant shall be referred to as “CXA”.
b. Any other details which, on their own or together with other information publicly available, may lead to the identification of the Claimant (including any names of other immediate family members or their addresses) shall be redacted before publication.
- Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D:
a. A person who is not a party to the proceedings may not obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the Court records unless the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised in accordance with subparagraphs 3(a) to (b) above.
b. If a person who is not a party to the proceedings applies (pursuant to CPR r.5.4C(1B) or (2)) for permission to inspect or obtain a copy of any other document or communication, such application shall be on at least 7 days’ notice to the Official Solicitor as litigation friend for the Claimant for the purposes of these proceedings (but not for management of the funds in court), trustee or deputy.
- The Claimant’s solicitor shall file with the Court an electronic (PDF) bundle of the statements of case that has been anonymised in accordance with paragraph 3 above within 21 days of this Order, and re-filed in the event that any statement of case is amended, within 21 days of such amendment being approved.
- The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words “An anonymity order was made in this case on [dated] and any application by a non-party to inspect or obtain a copy document from this file must be dealt with in accordance with the terms of that Order.”
- Any interested party, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge this Order, provided that any such application is made on 7 days’ notice to the Official Solicitor as litigation friend for the Claimant for the purposes of these proceedings (but not for management of the funds in court), trustee or deputy.
- Pursuant to the ‘Practice Guidance: Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders’ issued by the Master of the Rolls dated 16 April 2019 a copy of this Order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court of Justice (www.judiciary.uk). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The costs of obtaining this order be costs in the case.