Claim No: QB-2020-002206
In High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
3 July 2020
CZZ (Child by his Mother and Litigation Friend) LZZ
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
UPON an application by the Claimant dated 26 June 2020
AND UPON consideration of the Claimants’ Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant, his twin brother and his Litigation Friend.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section
11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED that
1. That the identity of the Claimant, his twin brother and his Litigation Friend not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant, his twin brother and his Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as the following:
a. Claimant as “CZZ”
b. Twin Brother as “BZZ”
c. Litigation friend as “LZZ”
3. That the address of the Claimant, his twin brother and his Litigation Friend be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address or the name or address of his twin brother or the Litigation Friend already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant, his twin brother or of the Litigation Friend is to be placed on the Court file marked “Confidential. Not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant, his twin brother or Litigation Friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name and address of the
Litigation Friend is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
a. to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
b. to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
c. to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. In so far as the Order is made under rule 23.9 without service of a copy of the application notice on the Defendant That the Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
10. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
12. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales and in the published copy of the Order the Claimant shall be described as “CZZ”, the Litigation Friend as “LZZ” and the Claimant’s twin as “BZZ”.