Claim No: G90BM169
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Birmingham District Registry
(by Litigation Friend, SSX)
Highfield Haulage (Bilston) Limited (1)
Steel Strip Services Limited T/A Servosteel (2)
It is Ordered:
1. That the identity of the Claimant and of the Litigation Friend in these proceedings is protected and shall not be published. For this purpose:
a. ‘publication’ includes any speech, writing, broadcast, or other communication in whatever form, which is addressed to the public at large or any section of the public.
b. publication of any name, address, picture, or other information that could lead to identification of the Claimant or his parents in these proceedings is prohibited.
2. That the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as follows:
a. The Claimant as “DDX”;
b. The Litigation Friend as “SSX”;
c. Any other details liable to lead to the identification of the Claimant and Litigation Friend (including any names of other family members or addresses) shall be redacted before publication.
3. That the address of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address or the name or address of the litigation friend already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or of the litigation friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or litigation friend in connection with these proceedings. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name and address of the litigation friend is prohibited.
8. That the provisions of this Order shall not apply:
a. Communications between the Court Funds Office and the Claimant, Litigation Friend or Deputy in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the Claimant or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money.
b. Communications between the Court Funds Office, the Claimant’s representatives and/or the Claimant or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money.
c. Records kept by the Court Funds Office, the Claimant’s representatives, the Claimant or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.