Claim No.: QB-2019-004402
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
DJJ (A Protected Party Acting Through His Mother
And Litigation Friend DXT)
Before Master Sullivan sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice, The Strand, London on
Tuesday 8 February 2022
Upon hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant.
And upon consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
And upon it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant and his
Litigation Friend is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant and his
family and that there is no countervailing public interest in disclosure.
And pursuant to Rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules, Section 6 of the Human
Rights Act 1998, Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and Rules 5.4(c) and
5.4(d) of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED: –
1. That the identity of the Claimant and his Litigation Friend shall not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the Litigation Friend shall respectively be referred to in
these proceedings as “DJJ” and “DXT”.
3. Pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) there shall not be disclosed in any report of the
proceedings the name or address of the Claimant or of his Litigation Friend or
any details leading to their identification and, if referred to, the Claimant and his
Litigation Friend shall respectively be referred to in these proceedings as DJJ and
4. Pursuant to CPR 5.4C a person who is not a party to these proceedings may
obtain a copy of a Statement of Case, Judgment or Order from the Court records
only if the Statement of Case, Judgment or Order has been anonymised such
(a) The Claimant and his Litigation Friend are respectively referred to as DJJ and
in those documents; and
(b) The address of each has been deleted from those documents.
5. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England
6. Liberty to apply in respect of this Order.
7. Costs in the case.