Claim No. QB-2011-000190
IN THE ROYAL COURTS OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
22 April 2021
DXM (by his mother and litigation friend, AXS)
(1) Miss Kate Rose Grimes
(2) The Motor Insurers’ Bureau
Upon the Claimant’s Application, dated the 22nd day of April 2021
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family live and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON appearing the case is likely to attract publicity and that revealing the identity of the Claimant is likely to unfairly damage the interests of the Claimant and that, accordingly, publication of details revealing the Claimant’s identity ought to be prohibited.
AND PURSUANT to Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR Rule 5.4 C to 5.4 D and CPR Rule 39.2 (3) (d) and CPR 32.2 (4).
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. There be substituted for all purposes of this case:
1.1 In place of reference to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, reference to the letters “DXM”
1.2 In place of the reference to the Claimant’s Litigation Friend by name, and whether orally or in writing, reference to the letters “AXS”
2. To the extent necessary to protect the Claimant’s identity, and any other references, whether to persons or places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, with permission to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to the matter of such adjustments.
3. So far as the Claim Form, or any Judgement or Order, or any other document to which anyone might have access pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C at any time does not comply with the above, the Claimant and Defendant’s solicitors have leave to file with the Court copies of such documents adjusted such as to comply therein. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant originals; and the originals are then to be retained by the Court in a sealed envelope marked “No to be opened without the permission of a Judge or Master of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
4. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or any other documentation from the Court file unless is has been edited to make it anonymous as to the identity of the Claimant and his Litigation Friend in accordance with this Direction.
5. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the parties.
6. Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to set aside or vary this Order.
Dated this 22nd day of April 2021