Claim No: QB-2019-003495
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
21 June 2021
E.B. (a protected party and protected beneficiary by by his Litigation Friend M.B.)
UPON HEARING Mr Curtis, counsel for the Claimant, and Mr Grace, counsel for the Defendant by Microsoft Teams
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant and Defendant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:
1. That the identity of the Claimant and Defendant shall be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant shall be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “E.B.”.
3. That the Defendant shall be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “A.A.”.
4. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and all other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
5. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
6. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “Not to be opened without the permission of a Judge or Master of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
7. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Private”.
8. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
9. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
10. That nothing in this order shall prohibit the Defendant or the Defendant’s insurer from disclosing the Claimant’s name and address to their re-insurers, their legal and professional advisers or to HM Revenue & Customs (or its successor) or Nany other person required by law.
11. The court hereby authorises the non-publication of this Order pursuant to its power to do so under CPR 39.2(5).
12. Costs in the case.
DATED this 21st day of June 2021