Claim No.: QB-2021-003788
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
21 October 2021
1. The London Borough of Enfield
2. Hertfordshire County Council
3. Essex County Council
4. The London Borough of Hackney
5. The Commissioner of the Police of the Metropolis
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 8 October 2021.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name and whether orally or in writing, references to “EGZ”
3. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “EGZ”.
4. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
5. So far as the Claim Form, or any judgment or order, or any other document to which anyone might have access pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4 at any time does not comply with the above, the Claimant’s solicitors have leave to file with the court copies of such document adjusted so as to comply therein. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant original; and the originals are then to be placed on the Court file and marked “confidential: not to be opened without the permission of a Master or High Court Judge”.
6. A non-party may not, without the permission of a Master, inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant. Any application for such permission (i.e. to inspect or obtain a non-anonymised version) must be made on notice to the Claimant and in accordance with CPR r.5.4C (6) and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
8. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
9. Costs in the case
10. A copy of this order be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales pursuant to CPR Part 39.2 and the Practice Guidance: “Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders” naming the Claimant as EGZ