Claim No.: QB-2018-004830
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
3 August 2020
1. ESC (by her mother and Litigation friend MXC)
UPON the First and Second Claimants’ Application Notice issued on 23 July 2020
AND UPON consideration of the First and Second Claimants’ Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right of freedom of expression
AND UPON it appearing that the case is likely to attract publicity and that revealing the identity of the Claimants is likely to unfairly damage the interests of the Claimants and that, accordingly, publication of details revealing the Claimants’ identities ought to be prohibited
AND pursuant to section 11 Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR 39.2(4) and the inherent jurisdiction of the Court
IT IS ORDERED that
1. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the First and Second Claimant, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters “ESC” and “GJC” respectively.
2. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the First Claimant’s Litigation Friend, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters “MXC”.
3. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Defendant, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters “CCM”.
3. To the extent that is necessary to protect the Claimants’ and the Defendant’s identities, any other references, whether to persons or places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, with permission to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to a manner of such adjustments.
4. So far as the Claim Form, or any judgement or order, or any other document to which anyone might have access pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4A-D at any time does not comply with the above, the Claimants’ solicitor has leave to file with the Court copies of such document adjusted so as to comply therein. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant originals; and the originals are then to be retained by the Court in a sealed envelope marked: “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge”.
5. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or any other document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this Order.
6. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosure of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the parties.
7. Any party affected by this order may apply on notice without restriction of time for an order varying or setting aside this order.
8. Costs in the case.